Monday, August 17, 2009

First Post

Hello, my name is Sarah Elizabeth Denahm and I am truely excited to be studing elementary education at the University of South Alabama. I grew up in a family of four in Robertsdale and graduated from Robertsdale high school in 2007, a couple of months after my seventeenth birthday. After I graduated I decided to go straight to college. My family was extremely proud of my decision to further my education. I just recently graduated from Faulkner State and can not wait to get in the class room. I am a young women trying to survive on my own and put my self through college. At times it may become tough to bare but press forward and strive for the best.
This pass summer i worked at a summer camp in Loxely where i realized my true pasion for teaching children. Seeing the sparkle in their eye's when they unlock one of life's mysteries made going to work a blessing. Every child is different and learns in their own way at their own pace and it is amazing what you can learn from them.

4 comments:

  1. I too am trying to put myself through college and yes it is very tough! Thats cool that you realized your passion at a camp. I realized education was mine when I worked at a daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too know what it takes to put one's self through school. My sister did it for herself a few years ago, and she is one of the best and most down-to-earth people I know.

    I'm now struggling through the same as the second person in my entire family to go to college. I wish you the best luck in this endeavor. Just remember to keep your head up and your standards higher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am paying for school myself too! It's hard being newly married and trying to come up with the money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post. I agree about having to be very tech savy in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete