Wednesday, October 7, 2009

iTunes University

I have never used itunes until just a few weeks ago. I thought itunes was just a place to buy music for an ipod but I could not have been more wrong. I am amazed by all the wonderful features itunes has it blows my mind. When I viewed David Hopkins introduction to iTunes U I keep thinking how useful that would be if my university worked with iTunes U and how I could use it as a teacher and the ideas were endless.


I wish the University of South Alabama worked in coercion with itunes it would make a huge difference in my college experience. I am an aural/visual learner so it would tremendously help improve my test scores. I could download vodcast of lessons and reviews then play them on an iphone at any time convent for me to watch. This advancement would also help me if I am sick or an emergency was to come up and I cannot make it to class, I can simply go to my class subscription and view the class session for the day. ITunes U can also be used to do research for a paper because it is a scholarly program.


As a teacher I will encourage my students to use iTunes U because I believe it is a very useful tool for education. I will create an ongoing podcast for subject I will be teaching. I will also share them other interesting educational vodcasts and podcasts. I believe this will better prepare my students for life outside of school because I will not only be teaching them english, math, science and social studies but also how to locate scholarly resources online, how to use new software programs, and how to learn.

1 comment: