Monday, November 23, 2009

Last Post


This class has been like a roller coaster ride through technology of the future. This semester in EDM 310 I have been introduced to more technology then I have my entire life. Before this class I had no idea what a blog is now I successfully manage two blogs. I had also never heard of a podcast but in the duration of this class I listened to several podcasts and even created my own video podcast. Before this class I thought iTunes was just a place to buy songs but know I know it can be used as an educational tool. You can download podcasts of classroom lectures, lectures from the best universities and educational podcast show on iTunes. I also meet new amazing people through class assignments such as Kaia, Dr. Christie, Wendy Drexler, Michael Wesch and so many more that I will be sure to form a PLN with in order to help me as a new teacher.

I would have enjoyed learning more about skype in class. I would have loved it if we could have skyped someone in class together. I also think it would have been nice to stay home one night and have Mr. Wakeman conduct class through skype. One thing we discussed that I did not feel was that important was Twitter. I think we spent to much time on twitter and I did not find it very useful to stay connected with my classmates because no one ever checked their account. I believe no one ever checked their account because they did not have the time also because they had to many different accounts to check. We had to check our South Alabama email account, USA online, personal email account, google email account, twitter, delicious, youtube, and wikipedia just for this one class. I believe it was to much stuff to keep up with so a lot of people did not check everything on a regular bases.

The things in this class that excited me was reading and watching stories about how technology had changed their life for the better. I loved having class discussion every week about our blog post. It gives us a chance to express our feelings and view someone elses opposite view at the same time. This activity intellectually challenged use on several different levels. Students had to know and use computer skills, thinking skills, and social skills in this activity. I just found this to be an useful classroom activity because it keep everyone engaged rather then put them to sleep like a lecture.

I found the class time was usually quite boring besides blog discussion. I believe we should have done more work in the classroom rather then outside the classroom. Everything I learned this year what outside the classroom. Every Monday night I had the delima should I go to class so I do not get points removed from my final grade for being absent or stay home and actually work on all the homework I had for this class. I believe this class should be an Internet class with a lab if anyone needs assistance.

Although with that being said I did learn a lot this semester. I went from being completely technologically illiterate to being technologically literate to a fairly good extent. I believe I can use all the skill I learnt in EDM 310 in all my future classes at South Alabama and by doing that I will not only maintain my knowledge but improve it as well.

1 comment:

  1. Next semester begins a shift toward the format you suggested, i.e., More on line, and labs. I think we still got a lot accomplished the ole fashioned way. Best Wishes :={} !!

    ReplyDelete